Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cheese Lasagna ..............for my dear friend Esmyra


I love pasta, and of course Lasagna is  everybody's favorite. Lasagna is very pleasant, fulfilling, full of proteins, so creamy, and delightful to share. And that is very important to me...to eat and share. When I think about Lasagna, I remember many potlucks that we share and enjoy with my friends during our graduate studies. All of my classmates always asked me to bring Lasagna, and for me was very easy to make. This recipe is dedicated to my dear friend Esmyra....she is reading this blog from the beautiful Philippines. I hope you remember those wonderful potlucks.....and my lasagna......

Cheese Lasagna

1 pound of home made pasta dough
1 liter of your favorite tomato sauce. It has to be watery not a thick sauce.
800 grams of Mozzarella cheese (grated), or your favorite cheese for melting.

Make your pasta dough. Pass it through the rolls of your pasta maker until #5. I use one number less than fettuccine. Cut your pasta in rectangles of size 7cm x 5cm. You will need 20 rectangles for a 5 layers' lasagna, but it will depend on the size of your oven-proof dish. Cook them (in series of 4), and once they are cooked, put them in very cold water to stop the cooking process. Strain them. While you strain these 4 pieces of pasta, you can cook other 4 pieces of pasta.

Spread sauce in your oven-proof dish. Place 4 cooked pieces of dough, and on top distribute a little of tomato sauce, and spread 200 grams of cheese. Repeat the process with every layer. Always put tomato sauce and cheese in between the cooked dough layers.





Once you finish, put on top more tomato sauce and mozzarella. Put in a preheated oven at medium-high heat for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Be careful when you take it out of the oven......it is very hot. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment