Friday, May 14, 2010

Moroccan Tea

Typical Moroccan Tea Set

Details of a Moroccan engraved tea tray

I love green tea with mint leaves that is basically Moroccan tea. For me this tea is a sign of hospitality and friendship.
It is very easy to make, and it is very refreshing on summer days because of the fresh mint. Moroccans like their tea very sweet. I have to be honest, I drink both coffee and tea without sugar, but I like this tea (along with two other teas that I will write about them in the near future) very sweet.

Here goes my recipe:

4 teaspoons of green tea
1 large handful of fresh mint leaves (you can use more for garnishing)
4 cups of boiling water
1/4 cup of sugar (more or less depending on your taste)

Put a small amount of water in your teapot to wash and warm it. Discard the water. Place the green tea, mint and sugar in the teapot. Fill it with boiling water. Let it brew for four minutes. Serve one glass, then pour it back to the teapot in order to dissolve the sugar. Serve it and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment