Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wine suggestions for Pansotti with Walnuts and Greek Salad

I am not fan of pairing wine and food. However, I like to combine the right tastes to make a meal a gastronomical delight. Why? Not only, I like to have all my senses involved when I am eating, but also I found pleasure when the right blend of spices, textures, savours in a meal are accompanied by the appropriate wine. This makes a meal to be a delightful experience.
I am presenting varietal wines, and not specific brands. I think everybody has the right to choose their own preferences, but with little information. 

For the Panzotti with Walnuts? I like both Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. Why? Mostly, for pasta I like velvety wines with plum flavours and tannic style. Please note that some Cabernet Sauvignons are very different depending on the region that are coming from, and geographic location DO affect how suitably the wine goes with certain dishes.

For the Greek Salad? Definitely, white wine. My favourites are Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc. Pinot grigio has a floral bouquet with slight sweetness that goes well in combination not only with the vegetables of this salad, but also with the saltiness of the feta cheese and kalamata olives. For me, Sauvignon Blanc is always tangy and zesty. It goes well with pungent flavours like the ingredients of this salad. Thus, the richness and strong flavour of this salad will not overpower the Sauvignon Blanc. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment