Friday, June 25, 2010

World Cup Soccer!!!......WOW!!!....Empanadas, Tortilla de Papas and more!!

Chilean Cheese Empanadas

Tortilla de Papas (Recipe from Ma Jose)

This is going to be a very short post!

I'm rushing ......Summer, holidays.....and of course World Cup Soccer!...Tomorrow there is a big game....Chile versus Spain.!!. Therefore, we and some Spaniard friends have decided to make a brunch to wait for the big game....

Our thought was instead of to compete (competir= del latin tardio competere "esforzarse conjuntamente") we have decided  to share (compartir= del latin  cum y partire "partir el pan"). Therefore, we will have a selection of Chilean and Spaniard food to share while we watch the soccer game.

What is on the menu? I have prepared Chilean's empanadas and Tortilla de Papas as it is the recipe from the excellent blog of Ma Jose (Spain). Thanks Guapa!! My friends will bring a good Tempranillo for making Sangria, and I have a good Casillero del Diablo as requested. Of course, a good piece of Queso Manchego and Aceitunas de Azapa will be served, and Manjar Blanco ice cream for dessert.

As it is too late, I will be posting these recipes in the following posts. However, I just wanted to let you know how we will be sharing while we will be enjoying this soccer game.

Queso Manchego

Manjar Blanco Ice Cream

To my Spaniard friends and my Chilean compatriots.....Salud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment