Monday, August 23, 2010

Squid-ink Spaghetti with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Green Peas, Feta Cheese and Shrimps...


You know that I love Pasta, and I love it  in all forms, shapes, colors, textures, flavors and sizes. Also, I like eat with colors. I'm not an expert, but I try to do my best in terms of plating. I have found that to create dishes with a lot of colors makes me happy!!

Here you have a colorful dish, with a lot of flavors. Here goes the recipe:

500 grams of squid-ink pasta. I make my own pasta, as I shown in a previous post. I add 1 teaspoon of squid-ink per egg.
300 grams of shrimps
200 grams of frozen green peas
200 grams of cherry tomatoes
Feta cheese as you wish
Butter
Olive oil
Garlic
Sea salt
Pepper
Oregano or Basil

Make your own squid-ink pasta or buy it. If you make your pasta, then let it dry.


In a pan, heat some butter. Once the butter has melted, add garlic and green peas. Season it with salt and pepper. Once it is cooked set aside.

Wash the cherry tomatoes. In a pan, add some olive oil and garlic. Once it is hot, add the cherry tomatoes and roast them. Sprinkle it with sea salt and oregano or basil. Once it is cooked set aside.

In a pan with olive oil and garlic, roast the shrimps. Add salt and pepper. Once it is cooked set aside.

In a big pot with boiling water and salt, cook your squid-ink pasta. Once it is cooked, drain it and put it in a big bowl. Add olive oil and toss it, add the cooked green peas, roasted cherry tomatoes, roasted shrimps and toss it. Serve it and sprinkle feta cheese. Enjoy!!!

With this recipe I participate in the contest Sapore di mare from the excellent blog La via delle spezie. http://laviadellespezie.blogspot.com/     



5 comments:

  1. A very original plate! First time I see squid ink pasta, you are so lucky you know how to make it, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mari...I'm so glad you like it....it is a very common pasta this black one.....in Venezia it is a typical pasta.......Abrazos, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  3. che bellissimo blog!! buonissime ricette e in multilanguage! io sono traduttrice e apprezzo le iniziative di questo tipo! complimenti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giulia....grazie mille .... il mio blog è in inglese e spagnolo....ma alcune delle mie ricette sono in italiano.....mi scusi....il mio italiano è molto povero....Abrazos, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  5. invece sei molto brava!! :-) da oggi sono anch'io una tua follower :-D baci!

    ReplyDelete