Wednesday, October 20, 2010

How I'm Solving My Fig-Mania.......


Everybody knows that the octopus follows me......and that I have a similar problem with figs and blackberries!!

Yes....every time that I see one of your recipes with figs I have a love-hate feeling.....I love to see them and I enjoy it, but I hate the fact that I can't easily find figs here.....


When I post my mental health situation with the octopus, a blog friend asked me....."Now that you have solved the problem with the octopus.......What are you going to do in order to solve the chasing-mania that you have with the figs?"


The same week, I went to the supermarket, and surprisingly figs have arrived .....They were not only beautiful, but tasty! 


Therefore, and in order to solve my mental problem, the first thing we did was to buy a lot of them.......


Second, I did a trick that I was told to do a long time ago. Few years back, I had a medical problem. For that condition, a very good friend that is a medical doctor told me....."When you can't use a sense......you must use the other ones better to compensate".....Although, I do not have that medical problem anymore that piece of advise has been very valuable to me.......Today, I apply it to my fig-mania....


So.....What do I do?....If I can't taste them all year around, then we take a lot of pictures and enjoy them after; thus, I use my sight, and after I can enjoy their taste just by enjoying the pictures......


It is like when we travel, we take pictures and after we remember places, tastes, and aromas just by seeing the pictures.....it activates our memories....


For that reason, we took a lot of pictures of the figs....We found that in any position, this fruit is fantastic to see.....It has texture, body, shape, identity, history.....It is charming, interesting, attractive, engaging.......In one word....this fruit is fascinating....at least to me...


Now, probably you are thinking.....poor her.....Not only she is chased by the octopus, but also she is engaged with a simple fruit like the fig!!.....Yes, probably you are right, and I need a psychoanalysis......But, I can assure you that when you will be craving figs, you are going to come back to this post to see the pictures just to satisfy your fig anxiety.....

As you may suppose, my next posts will be dishes with fig......Enjoy the pictures!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Marcela,en todo lo que escribes se ve el cariño que desprendes. tienes que ser una persona muy especial. Lástima que no estuvieras cerca de mi casa, tengo dos higueras y a partir de Agosto comienzan a echar higos y no sé qué hacer con tantos: al horno, mermelada, ensalada, rellenos, en compota, etc...... Justo ayer hice una receta de higos que seguramente editaré cuando la vuelva a hacer (si es que quedan higos), porque se me olvidó hacer la foto. Espero tus recetas. un beso fuerte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que buena idea
    Yo Marcela tengo problema con alga tan básico como las frambuesas aquí no las venden ni congeladas menos frescas pero no hay NUNCA menos ni hablar de otros berries
    Aquí hay mucha gente que nunca las ha comida
    Que rabia y pensar que en el sur yo iba a la hurta y me llenaba comiendo frambuesas o moras
    Te entiendo eso de QUERER comer algo y no encontrarlo
    amiga me dio pena JIJI MEJOR NI PENSAR
    Besos chaoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna....gracias por lo que me dices.....trato de poner mucho amor en lo que hago....me gusta expresar lo que siento y poner una sonrisa en cada persona si puedo.....no sabes como te envidio (con envidia de la buena....tu entiendes) tus higueras.....disfrutalas que ahora yo solo estoy con higos secos....aunque magnana voy a ir a un supermercadom oriental porque una amiga me dijo habia visto higos.....vere como nos va!.....Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angelica....te entiendo de las frambuesas....me gustan....pero tu siendo del sur es otra cosa....esos jugos de frambuesa de Valdivia....rojos concentrados....ni me digas!!...aca las frambuesas no tienen el mismo sabor.....peo me pones una foto de jugo de frambuesa de valdivia, Puerto Octay, Puerto Varas o Frutillar....y "pelo cables"....tu entiendes....pero tu tienes la suerte de que cruzas la corsillera y lo tienes todo....a mi me queda un poco lejos....Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love figs too! I have a little tree. But I ate my 20- 30 figs this year.

    Thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ¡Qué pena que no estés más cerca!. Aquí tenemos muchísimos higos durante todo el mes de septiembre, incluso un pelín antes y un pelín después. La verdad es que están riquísimos.
    Un beso, guapa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnificas fotos y magnifico el surtido de pasteles .... ahora entiendo tu ataque de locura transitoria con los higos... ;-))
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mari....It seems that evrybody loves figs!!...I'm so glad thatb you have your own tree :)!!....Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morguix......ni me digas!!....por las recetas que veo se que abundan estas maravillas!!....pero ya comi suficiente!!....bueno,.....nunca es tan suficiente!!.....Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  10. St.Hilari.....jijiji....que bueno lo hayas entendido!!......Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete