Thursday, April 28, 2011

How I Made the Cup of Chocolate with Mascarpone Filling?



This dessert was neither difficult nor simple task to do it.......It was a  divine test of PATIENCE!!......

There are some things in life that we are "forced" to do it, and this dessert was one of those things.....


It was love at first sight.....

I was looking in youtube one technique of French pastry, when by chance, this video appear in my screen.....



As soon as I saw it, I knew I must make it....as the Chef Blanc said in the video "you have to love very much somebody to make this dessert"......and I found this was the perfect occasion to make it!


The original recipe is a sabayon and parfait that you can see in the following link

We used his technique to create these cups of chocolate. Nevertheless, we did not use the cake in the bottom. We waited until the cups were set, and filled holes in the bottom with melted chocolate. Once everything was solid, I fill it....I recommend to do this dessert with help....my husband helped me, and I think would be very difficult to do it alone.....



Our filling was different. I love the mix of orange and chocolate; therefore, my filling was Mascarpone Orange Cream Mousse...

The recipe is as follow......



Mascarpone Orange Cream Mousse

1 cup of whipping cream (I used 33%)
1/2 cup of cream (I used 10%)
3/4 cup of mascarpone (room temperature)
Zest of 2 oranges
Juice of 1 orange (I used cara-cara)
Touch of orange liquor of your preference (for adults only)
3 tablespoon of sugar powder
1 teaspoon of gelatine

Place the gelatine in a cup with 3 tablespoon of cold water. Let it hydrate. Heat it in a microwave until gelatine is dissolved. Reserve.

At high speed, beat the whipping cream until almost stiff. Add the mascarpone, orange juice, orange zest, and sugar; continue beating it. Add the gelatine (the gelatine should not be hot), and then stop beating. Incorporate the 1/2 cup of cream (10%), and orange liquor, and slowly incorporate this mix. You should end up with a fluffy more dense mousse/cream. Fill your cups of chocolate.....Enjoy!!.....or like the Chef Blanc said in the video....VOILA!!
 

You will have some mascarpone orange cream mousse left......What I did?....I put them in nice glass with some orangettes.....and eat them....Enjoy!! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Marcela! You did it again! Incredible creation identical to the French chef who perfected it after 6 months! I am sure you made yours in no time at all! Bravissima!!!

    ReplyDelete