Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mango and Lemon Cake....Exotic and Delicious!!....


I'm not having time these days.....the reason is that I need to finish some work, and at the same time I am preparing a trip; therefore, I am cooking with what I have on my pantry and freezer to leave them clean....(yes I have my own manias)......


When Caty requested a sweet recipe with an exotic fruit, I had a cake that I have made few months ago that was perfect for the occasion......


Here is the recipe:

Mango and Lemon Cake

1 mango ripe (sliced)
190 grams of butter
4 eggs
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of almonds (grinded)
3 tablespoons of milk
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 lemon (juice and zest). You can use lime as well.

Grease and flour one cake (24 cms). Distribute the sliced mangoes.

Beat the butter and sugar until its creamy. Incorporate the eggs one by one, and the milk. Add the lemon juice and zest. Slowly add the almonds, flour, and baking powder.

Put this mixture over the sliced mangoes. Cook it in a preheated oven at 375F for 25 minutes, or until the bamboo stick comes clean.

4 comments:

  1. hola marcelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, estupenda receta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. que pastel más rico,como tu bien dices delicioso, y las fotos preciosas.Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  3. se ve maravilloso Marcel delicioso!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un gâteau des plus délicieux. Je voudrai bien une tranche.
    A très bientôt

    ReplyDelete